Sup? My name's Hiram, how are you?
To me, my name is among my most precious of possessions...I doubt I'd be anyone like the person I am today were I known by any other. I'm very proud to say that it means noble in Hebrew...something I try to reflect in all aspects of daily life.
First and foremost I consider myself a Catholic...one who loves God and loves to think about Him very deeply, and often for long stretches of time. My Patron Saint is Thomas Aquinas, and in about a month, I will be a confirmed Catholic...a title I'll take great pride in, and hope to reveal to others through my actions. This was not always the case...there was a time not at all far into the past when I was a fervent atheist, though I tried to disguise this with being near-puritanical towards everyone around me.
Though few people have cared to realize it that were involved at the time, my three years of middle school were three years in Hell...and in some ways, it was worse. Give me molten pitch any day...just don't ever make me have to relive the pain and isolation I was forced to deal with then. Though I'm afraid I can't retell the story at the moment, I will in the future...because in all honesty, the trauma and cruelty I suffered from back then--or rather, the two-week long camp in North Carolina that I went to at the start of the summer that year--ultimately led me to become the person I am today...healthy, happy, and blessed with many wonderful friends.
Another thing I long to be known as? A fantastic writer...one who loves his craft more than any other endeavour. And I do love it...for a while, my parents even said I was "addicted" to it. And to be honest, I was, and still am. It satisfies me in a way nothing else truly can...it's kinda like playing God without being blasphemous. And ever since I was a little kid, that's all I liked to do: make up new worlds and populate them, just like Him, but on a MUCH smaller scale. Although I'm writing at least six works at the moment (with some advancing more swiftly than others), my favorite of these has to be The Darkbane Chronicles. Although I'd like to explain it all, I 1.) don't want to bore you, and 2.) don't want to lose a potential customer. Yes, you (whoever you are), could one day put money in my pocket! :D Just kidding, I'm not a writer because I want money...although I'm not saying money wouldn't be a nice bonus. :) So, here it goes...
...in Vlad and the Legend of the Four Brothers--the first of the Darkbane Chronicles--the main character, Vlad Darkbane, has fallen in love with this girl--Yima--and has gotten engaged to her. However, before he can marry her, fate kinda steps in, and he learns that he...can't quite do that yet. After several supernatural encounters and battles (both good and bad), he learns that he's the Chosen One--a being gifted with incredible powers (called the Twelve Forces), and weapons (known as the Four Brothers), who's destiny is to save his world from the forces and servants of Hell--as well as many other worlds besides (aka, other dimensions--his world is flat, and somewhat like the Ptolemaic view of the world, only constantly growing...so you could throw a comparison to the Neverending Story--a book that was absolutely destroyed by its movies--as well). In order to do this, he learns he must find three brothers of which he has no memory (for he is a part of the legend of the four brothers itself, but can't remember them), seven shards of a dangerous and malevolent artifact known as the Dark Pendant, sixteen others besides himself known as the Heavensent (who are destined to aid him in his vast Quest, and continue this Quest should he die in the attempt), join forces with the Four Masters--masters of four different archtypes of magic besides that of willpower--and the Bone Lord--a Necromancer whose skill will surpass all those before him--and garner as many nations as he can that are willing to fight against the armies of Hell and its mortal allies.
Whew, that was hard to condense! I have to say I'm quite proud of being able to do it...anyway, if you're interested in the idea, don't hesitate to let me know! Writing's been kinda rough lately, and encouragement is always more than welcome! Even moreso now than before...I feel like a two-bit copy of some has-been who suddenly realizes his writing is far too primitive to make it anywhere...but I still have hope...hopefully.
Though I've already typed up many of the other reasons I love to write elsewhere (see earlier posts), I should also say this. There's only one thing I love more than writing (besides my family, friends, and God, of course)...and that's recieving recognition for my work. My parents, several friends, and a teacher or two are all wonderful to hear positive feedback from, but there's nothing like a new source of positive commentary to make me happy. And everyone knows that everyone's purpose in life is to make me happy! :D just kidding, please don't think I meant that!
I love to learn about almost everything, especially symbols, zoology, mythology, history, and literature. My mom tells me I've got artistic talent, but other than very detailed doodles, I've never produced anything that wasn't forged by graphite pencil or ink. That's not to say that I don't like my doodles...God, my family, my friends, my writing, my future family, and the impact I make on the world around me are all at the top of my list of priorities. My life is (I hope), more devoted to God than anything else--even family or friends--and it's for him that I write...in a way, one could say it's one of the special ways I praise him. However, I don't think any one can say I try to shove my religion down anyone's throat....though, if you bash the Catholic Church, I certainly won't leave my religion undefended.
One of the most bizarre things I feel is important in my life is my future family...I think about my future wife and children almost daily. I also want to make an impact in the lives of others, and hopefully, convert a few others not through words, but through kindness and Christ-like behaviour.
Want to know something else that defines me? My hobbies/interests (duh). For one thing, I consider myself quite a lover of music, in all its forms...and when I say this, I mean it. Rap, rock, alternative (very much!), classical, Riverdance, computer games (mostly Myst), New Age, electronic...pretty much anything but grunge and jazz is fine by me. Hell, even a few country songs are alright...as long as they don't involve the death of a dog, someone getting dumped/laid, or someone's car/whiskey/hatred for another.
Also, I must now say this: I can't get enough of Naruto. Or Bleach. Yes! I confess! Naruto and Bleach are my anti-drug drug! Naruto, Kakashi, and Gaara all kick ass! And Hollow Ichigo is terrifyingly insane!!!! And I'm not afraid to say that...as well as this, it's probably one of the closest things I've seen to a book like mine anywhere so far, and the complexity of the storyline and all within it is (in my mind), incredibly awesome! And I have to say, even though this is extremely nerdy of me, I'm probably going to try posting a few vids of my favorite portions of the series on this blog...and if you've got a problem with that, don't let me know! And in case there actually IS a fan of Naruto out there, most of the vids are going to include either Gaara or Naruto (more often in four-tailed mode than not).
If you want to know anything else, just ask. I'm always open to questions!
No comments:
Post a Comment