Ok, we all have dreams, right? I'd hope so...waking up might be dull without them (unless you've got a very busy lifestyle, or made a BIG mistake the night before). In my short lifetime, I've had many dreams, all of them fantastic and incredible in nature...and all of them EXTREMELY influential in some of my writing. So, I've decided that, in order not to forget them, I should put them down somewhere...and this blog seemed like as good a place as any. So, here we go!
My first dreams (I'm sad to say), where actually nightmares. The very first one happened between the age of three or four, and had something to do with stepping on a tiny pyramid/sphinx figurine in the middle of a vast desert, and incurring the wrath of a dark spirit within--something that I could now identify with either an Al or an Afreet, but back then, though was a genie. The spirit cursed me with a strange sort of white-outline tattoo along my forearm, which would, over time, appear to be filled in with black ink. He told me that, when the tattoo "meter" filled up, I would be transformed into a gigantic, black serpent with no mind of its own. I was terrified--back then, drastic transformations were my greatest fear (and I actually refused to eat balogna from one of those kids' lunch packs because I was convinced that, if I did, I'd transform into a flower)--and I sought help to have the curse lifted. In dream, my Mama was a sorceress of sorts, and had a friendship with some sort of faerie girl, who did everything in her power to release me from the curse...but to no avail. Right before I woke up, the faerie created a massive mound of brambles to contain me, but out of these shot up a great, black form...
...and then I woke up, scared out of my wits.
I have to say that this was the only dream I've ever had twice...a fact I sometimes lament, but at the same time, sometimes take joy in).
(Don't worry, there will be many more dreams retold here, but I have to get to another post before I start studying for my exams!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment