Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Gorillaz

Ok, since I have nothing else to blog about at the moment, I've decided to blog about my favorite band. But first, facebook must be taken into account...

I love that I now have the ability to say that I can name my favorite things (except for animals...I like all the freaky ones...). A long time ago, my list would've been this...



Movie-Dragonheart (this was general...there were many others included here)

Band-Queen (NOT THAT I DON'T STILL LIKE THEIR MUSIC!!!!)

Show-Don't Have One

Book-Don't Know (I LOVE THEM ALL, AND STILL DO...though not as much as my current

favorite...)

Activity-Video Games, blah....



But no more!!! I now have a favorite everything!



Movie-Hellboy/Stardust

Band-Gorillaz

Show-House

Book-Abarat

Activity-Writing



Now look how neat that all is! Sorry, I'm just SUCH a maniac about order...



Now, about Gorillaz...

What, you don't remember them? Made 7 platinum for their second major album, 'Demon Days' in 2005 in both Britain AND the U.S. ? Recieved the 2006 MTV Most Viewed Music Video of the Year Award with their smash hit, 'Feel Good Inc.', and started off the 2006 MTV Music Awards Show alongside Madonna? And did I mention that they ARE A CARTOON BAND?! But their songs are NOT CHILDISH?! Nearly made 2001 MTV2 Music Video of the Year with their other major smash hit, 'Clint Eastwood'? Turned down the Mercury Award earlier in the decade due to its bad reputation? Broke up due to a failure at writing the script to their own movie, but came together in 2004 to make Demon Days, and are planning a new album in 2010, 'Godzilla Radio'? Guiness Book of World Records (2001), Most Successful Cartoon Band?

Yeah. I'm talking about them.

Murdoc, their semi-satanic, alchoholic, narcissistic bass guitarist (supposedly, he sold his middle name to Satan for the Devil's own bass guitar, El Diablo), was the brains. 2-D, their pianist and frontman vocalist, with a great lack of brains, blue hair, and no eyes (due to 2 vehicular accidents caused by Murdoc, which crushed them into his sockets), was the looks and voice. Russel Hobbs, their possessed drummer (possessed most notably by his best friend, Del, who later rapped in several of their songs and music vids before the Grim Reaper ripped him out of Russel), was their musical soul. And Noodle, their Japanese, 4 ft. acoustic guitarist (who is apparently the sole remainder of a failed Japanese project to create children of mass destruction), is the heart. Together, they are Gorillaz, a fictional (though very funny to read about), yet VERY successful band based in Kong Studios, Essex, in England. Fictional only in the sense that they themselves are not real...but their music undoubtably IS.

Listen to them first, and you'll understand.

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love the Gorillaz! You've got good taste, H-man. Just remember to avoid caps-lock in your writing. Writing in all caps is the easy way out to create emphasis. Use your wit and cleverness to focus ideas and your reader's attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, using the caps is considered "shouting" and isn't well received! But I love how, once again,you see the unseen, then have to bring it out for others! With Gorillaz, I love how the brain-twisted fellow is the brains, the sightless guy is the looks, the possessed one is the soul, and Noodles, meant to be the anti-child, is the heart. Love your vision to see beyond the words!

    ReplyDelete